Mexico is visited by about 45 million tourists a year, thanks to its vast culture, which includes pre-Columbian and modern history, and gives this state a very special charm, enriched by beautiful beaches and tourist resorts.
Best time to go to Mexico
In general, there is no best time to go to Mexico, it depends on where you want to go and what you want to do during your trip.
If you're looking for warm, sunny beaches, the best time to visit Mexico is winter, when temperatures are milder along the coasts.
If you are interested in exploring Mexico's cultural and historical attractions, the best time to travel is during the spring or fall when temperatures are milder in the interior regions of the country.
Climate in Mexico
In general, the climate in Mexico is warm and sunny throughout the year, with average temperatures around 25°C. However, there are some significant differences between different regions of the country such as:
- if you want to go to the Yucatán peninsula, on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico, the climate is hot and humid all year round, with temperatures reaching 35°C during the summer
- if you want to go to the mountainous region of central Mexico, the climate is cooler and drier, with temperatures dropping at night.
What to visit in Mexico
Mexico has a huge range of options, from tropical beaches and colonial cities to Mayan ruins and national parks.
Here are some more popular attractions:
- Mexico City: the capital of Mexico with a wide range of attractions, such as the famous National Museum of Anthropology, Chapultepec Castle and the bohemian district of La Condesa.
- Guadalajara: located in western Mexico, it is the second largest city in the country and is known for its colonial architecture, musical culture and cuisine.
- Playa del Carmen: located in the Yucatán Peninsula, it is a tourist destination with sandy beaches and turquoise waters. The city is also close to numerous Mayan ruins, such as Tulum and Cobá.
- Oaxaca: Located in the mountainous region of central Mexico, it is famous for its history, indigenous culture and cuisine. The city is also home to several Mayan ruins, such as Monte Albán.
- Puebla: Located southeast of Mexico City, it is famous for its colonial architecture, cuisine and handicrafts. The city is also home to several Mayan ruins, such as Cholula.
The cuisine and drinks in Mexico
Mexican cuisine is very diverse and different from region to region.
The most famous specialties are the tacos, the burrito, the chimichanga, the quesadilla, the nachos and the fajitas. Other popular dishes are mole, a sauce made from spices, fruits and nuts, and pozole, a pork or chicken soup.
Mexican drinks include tejate, a drink made from corn, cocoa and fruit, and pulque, a fermented drink made from agave. Other popular drinks are the margarita, a tequila-based cocktail, and the michelada, a lime-flavored, spiced beer.
Not to forget the production of tequila, so sampling some of the best brands of tequila can be a fun and interesting experience.
Useful travel information
Here is some useful travel information:
- Capital: Mexico City
- Population: 128 million, making it the 10th most populous state in the world
- Area: 1,964,000 sq km, making it the 14th most populated state in the world
- Form of government: Federal presidential republic
- Temperature: Temperatures can be hot and humid, while temperatures further north in the country can be cooler and drier. For example, in Mexico City the temperature during the day is around 22° and at night around 10°.
- Languages: Spanish is the official language, English, many other indigenous languages spoken in different parts of the country
- Currency: Mexican peso (MXN). One Mexican peso is divided into centavos. There are coins of 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 centavos, and banknotes of 20, 50, 100, 200, 500 and 1000 pesos. The exchange changes from day to day.
- Documents: original passport with residual validity of at least 6 months upon arrival. If you are staying longer than 180 days, you need to apply for a visa.
- Vaccinations: There are no compulsory vaccinations to enter the country, but it is recommended to be vaccinated against hepatitis A and hepatitis B, typhoid and yellow fever. It is advisable to inquire with your doctor or with your country's Health Office to ensure you are protected against diseases that are common in the region.
REQUEST INSURANCE QUOTE
EKTA's insurance policy is for people traveling or going abroad from all over the world.
Coverage is for ages 3 to 85, and they can purchase it online at the website.
You will receive your insurance policy by email within 2-3 minutes.
A 24/7 multilingual technical support chat is available..
Benefits for customers
- Work all over the world
- The insurance covers COVID -19
- 24/7 customer support
- No hidden clauses in the contract
- Get your insurance policy online
- 10 years of experience in the insurance sector
- No hidden restrictions in medical services