The new Mobile and Wireless network is called 5G, and stands for 5th generation.
It's a faster network and definitely better than other generations in several ways.
Each network depends on the type of connection you connect to. Currently, in addition to the new 5G connection network, 3G and 4G networks are present in most of the world, the latter mainly. In fact, many countries are starting to shut down 3G networks for 4G.
It will take a few more before a global roll-out of the 5G network.
What is 5G?
Before 5G, there were 0G, 1G, 2G networks, and 3G and 4G networks still exist today.
Each generation brings new technologies and features that are essential for the improvement and development of the communication systems we use today.
Both 4G and 5G are allowing users to connect virtually.
One of the expected benefits for users:
- improved, fast and stable Internet browsing, with very low network latency (delay in communication over a network)
- possibility of performing remote surgery
- use of clouds that allow the sharing of data, apps, and much more, allowing multiple users to connect at the same time enjoying the high speed of the network, without having to worry about interference
- use of IoT (Internet of Things) that allow the management and iteration of devices remotely, not only for companies, but also at their homes
- lower energy consumption with the reduction of energy consumption compared to the 4G network
- increase in connection points, which will however lead to an increase in antennas.
Devices for 5G use
All current devices, such as smartphones and tablets, or wifi routers, do not support 5G.
To use it we will therefore need to have a device that includes 5G.
For this reason, the migration to 5G will last a few more years, where all users will have to adapt with new devices.
Today these devices still have high costs, however all manufacturers are starting to study 5G devices at lower costs.
Below is a short list of 5G devices available on the market as of today:
- all iPhone 13
- iPhone 12 mini
- all Samsung Galaxy S21 and S22
- Samsung Galaxy ZFlip3 5G
- Samsung Galaxy ZFold3 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy A32 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
- Google Pixel 5a
- OnePlus 9 Pro
- OnePlus Nord 2
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G and 11T 5G
- Xiaomi Poco F3
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T
- Realme GT
- OnePlus 8T
- Realme 7 5G
- Nokia 8.3 5G
- and many others.